Monday, February 13, 2006

Gotcha Day!

These are pictures of Courtney at school.

Today is "Gotcha Day"! It's the day Courtney came into our family...eight years ago today! She's the best Valentine I've ever gotten! We always have fun reflecting with her about the day we became parents for the first time. I wonder when she'll tire of hearing how she had a major blowout on the train ride home and that Shawn had to hold me up on the train while I changed her diaper as we bounced and swayed down the tracks. Of course that's the memory that gets the biggest reaction and the most giggles from Courtney and Clayton, but my favorite memory is how I felt the first time I held her in my arms and looked into those beautiful little eyes and said, "Hello Courtney! I'm your mommy." I can also still picture Shawn beaming with pride and teared filled eyes as I handed her to him. We knew our decision to adopt Courtney would be filled with blessings but there is no way we could have ever imagined how much joy and love she would bring us. In a way that day seems like it was yesterday. In other ways I can barely remember life before mommyhood. I am so thankful for our darling little girl and for each "Gotcha Day!"

3 comments:

flyingufooo said...

hey Shawn and Janice
this is mark from school, i am just dropping by to say hi!!! yeah keep your journal going! This site has given more stuffs to read when I am bored at work, and i think it is a great way to let people know how your taiwan expereinces are.! i hope you've had an awesome time here in Taiwan! with blessings, Mark

flyingufooo said...

testing

Taiwan Trekking said...

Hey Mark,
Glad to know someone's reading it! Now I'll be careful not to write about you! I don't think it's fair...if you want to say something about us you just need to write in Chinese and we'd have no idea:'D Just kidding of course. Shawn is so blessed to have your help at school! He speaks very highly of you. Thanks for all you do. Now get back to work!
Janice