Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Magical Memory!

In early December Shawn and I had a rare opportunity to visit the homes of two very avid magic collectors.  We left our kids with our dear friend Betty and ventured off for 2 nights away from them.  Since the majority of my blog reading audience doesn't know or probably care very much about magic collections I won't bother writing every detail.  However, I will say that it was an enjoyable weekend getting to spend time with Shawn doing something for which he has great passion.  We spent an entire day exploring the collections, visiting with the Rawlings' and the Klosterman's, and marveling at the history and ingenuity displayed in the tricks. 


These pictures were taken at the Klosterman's vacation cottage that was built in the 1800's and was an historical marvel all its own. 

Below is one of the many pictures taken at the Klosterman's home.

In addition to being completely impressed with the collections, we felt so much warmth and appreciation for their hospitality.  It is a weekend we will long remember.

No comments: