
Our refrigerator might be small but it couldn't have been more appreciated! We were fortunate to find this one second hand from someone in our community...about a week after moving into our apartment.
This is our oven and water boiler. I didn't appreciate how large our convection oven was until I visited some fellow Americans living in Taiwan who are baking using a toaster oven! I'm still getting used to the temperature controls but all in all it's worked out pretty well. My favorite response to my baking efforts was by Clayton. After I baked my first batch of homemade yeast rolls and served them with butter and honey he said, "Mommy I love these! Thank you for making them!" Now that kid knows how to work the system!
What?! No diswasher???!!! The dish rack next to the sink is a dish dryer that Shawn rescued from the recycling bin. We removed the front cover, cut the cord off and use it as a multi level drainer.
The full view of the kitchen counter. There are so many cabinets....floor to ceiling!!! I love it! This set of cabinets, the counter, sink and stove were all added brand new to this apartment just before we moved in.
In case you can't tell, I must point out that the stove has only 2 burners...pretty much the norm here. As much as I fussed about my electric range at home...there are times I miss it. This gas stove gets really hot! It's hard to find a middle ground on the burner control.Notice all of the wonderful spices behind the stove! Those were my birthday present from my dear friend Lauretta back in Illinois. They've added a lot more variety to our meals here! Thanks Lauretta!
1 comment:
I wanted him in the picture so you could get some perspective on the size of the refrigerator. He said, "If you're going to make me be in it I'm going to look dorky!" I think he succeeded!:'D
Post a Comment